Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Barracudas import arrives.

Thursday, November 12, 2009
 
BRUNEI BARRACUDAS will parade a new import when they meet Thailand Tigers on Saturday at the Hassanal Bolkiah Sports Complex in Berakas.

Reggie Larry, who will replace the seven-footer Lonnie Jones, arrived last night and was met by head coach Bong Ramos.

According to the rules of the Asean Basketball League (ABL), each team is only entitled to two international imports. "I had been resting and nursing an injury prior to coming here. I was just waiting for something to happen and the Barracudas offered me to come and I accepted gladly," said Larry in an interview with The Brunei Times .

"I've been to Asia before and I enjoyed it. So I thought why not come back again to try it out," added Larry.

Larry played for the Purefoods Tender Juicy Giants in the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) before a finger injury early this year kept him out of the game.

"I just want to play the best that I can. I need to give the coach a good impression of what I can do despite knowing that the season has started. I'm going to get a good vibe going here. I'll try to fit in the team as I know I'm a player who likes to fight and hustle to score and rebound," said Larry, who is a power forward but also plays small forward.

"I can shoot and also put the ball on the floor as I can rebound and move faster than the biggers players," said the 23-year-old who was born in Newark, New Jersey. He studied at the Barringer High School and played for the College of Southern Idaho from 2005-2006. Read More...

Source: The Brunei Times

0 comments:

About Us

Brunei Basketball was founded in January 2008. Over time, the website begun to cover various tournaments and constantly updated itself with the latest basketball-related events in the country, making it one of the, if not the, premier basketball portal in Brunei Darussalam for all who are keen in knowing the latest news.

Promoting the sport in Brunei Darussalam and to create a community of Brunei cagers, thus raising the profile of basketball within the nation among players, enthusiasts and those who generally enjoy the sport itself.

We love to cover your basketball games, tournaments and leagues or anything related to basketball in Brunei Darussalam. Feel free to contact us.

info@bruneibasketball.com (ask us.)
ads@bruneibasketball.com (advertise with us)

Advertise with us

Your ads here

Blog Archive

visitors

Where to play?

Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium (Berakas)
Batu Bersurat Indoor Gymnasium (Gadong)
Fitness Zone (Kiulap)
Harun's Gym (BSB)
Menglait Sports Complex (Gadong)
Kampung Baru (Seria)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP