Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Barracudas have hill to climb

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN



Tuesday, August 31, 2010



mike It's the 11th hour and Brunei basketball fans want to know what is going on with the Barracudas. What are their plans for this year's ABL campaign? Hopefully, they will come to light before the weekends.

Firstly, I want to thank those basketball fans in Brunei who think I would be a great fit for the vacant Barracudas coaching position. But, I don't think that is going to happen the time is just not right for me.

Some may ask: "Why wouldn't you want to be a part of the ABL and coach the Barracudas?"

To answer that question, I would ask myself: "Do I really want to hop back into the pro game and put myself through the things that go with it?"

The answer is no.

First of all I'm the national basketball coach of Brunei that is and has always been my priority. That is also why I'm here.

My job is not easy and, as a coach, I work very hard in trying to meet our goals. So I can't afford to lose focus.

My job as a coach is to develop the national team, not a professional basketball club.

FACTORS TAKEN IN MAKING THE DECISION

THE Barracudas and their management are very young and are still learning to properly run a professional basketball club (and by saying this I don't mean to disrespect anybody in the organisation). Read More…



Source: The Brunei Times

0 comments:

About Us

Brunei Basketball was founded in January 2008. Over time, the website begun to cover various tournaments and constantly updated itself with the latest basketball-related events in the country, making it one of the, if not the, premier basketball portal in Brunei Darussalam for all who are keen in knowing the latest news.

Promoting the sport in Brunei Darussalam and to create a community of Brunei cagers, thus raising the profile of basketball within the nation among players, enthusiasts and those who generally enjoy the sport itself.

We love to cover your basketball games, tournaments and leagues or anything related to basketball in Brunei Darussalam. Feel free to contact us.

info@bruneibasketball.com (ask us.)
ads@bruneibasketball.com (advertise with us)

Advertise with us

Your ads here

Blog Archive

visitors

Where to play?

Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium (Berakas)
Batu Bersurat Indoor Gymnasium (Gadong)
Fitness Zone (Kiulap)
Harun's Gym (BSB)
Menglait Sports Complex (Gadong)
Kampung Baru (Seria)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP