Saturday, August 28, 2010

Running the fast break with Aying

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN


Saturday, August 28, 2010



image Offence sells tickets well that much is true when Marjomar Aying (pics) takes to the court. The 5ft 11 Filipino delights the crowd in every game with his agile manoeuvres and his sharp shooting skills. A definite fan-favourite takes some time out to speak to YEE CHUN LEONG

Q: Tell me something about yourself before we get started.

A: I'm 23 years old and hail from Cebu in the Philippines. I played for the Cebu Institute of Technology during my varsity years from 2004-2007 before I moved on to study in BSc in Business Administration in Manila's Olivarez College from 2007-2009. After that I came here for the 2009 Brunei Pepsi Cup last year. (He, however, had to drop out of his studies due to some complications, and has thus remained in Brunei after said competition).

Q: So what are your plans now?

A: I want to continue my studies but the university I was in would no longer accept me back. The competition is tough as you would be replaced once you leave. It is difficult to transfer to another university as well especially after accumulating all my credentials from past years.

Q: Any chance of continuing in a local university here instead?

A: If I ever get the chance.

Q: When did you start playing basketball?

A: I only started at the age of 14. I never had the time when I was younger as I would help my father (who works as a contractor) out at work and he also didn't allow me to play. It was only when he left to work in Vietnam that I started to play. My cousins were my inspiration as I was the only one who was bad at basketball. They called me useless in the game so I trained by myself from 2am-5am by jogging and picking up some skills. I did it at such a time because I didn't want them to see what I was doing and wanted to surprise them after three months of putting in the work.

Q: How do you feel about finishing second in the 2010 Sultan's Cup? (Aying's team Palm Cafe had to settle for runners-up spot after losing 90-95 to Sharks in the Aug 21 final) Read More…



Source: The Brunei Times

0 comments:

About Us

Brunei Basketball was founded in January 2008. Over time, the website begun to cover various tournaments and constantly updated itself with the latest basketball-related events in the country, making it one of the, if not the, premier basketball portal in Brunei Darussalam for all who are keen in knowing the latest news.

Promoting the sport in Brunei Darussalam and to create a community of Brunei cagers, thus raising the profile of basketball within the nation among players, enthusiasts and those who generally enjoy the sport itself.

We love to cover your basketball games, tournaments and leagues or anything related to basketball in Brunei Darussalam. Feel free to contact us.

info@bruneibasketball.com (ask us.)
ads@bruneibasketball.com (advertise with us)

Advertise with us

Your ads here

Blog Archive

visitors

Where to play?

Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium (Berakas)
Batu Bersurat Indoor Gymnasium (Gadong)
Fitness Zone (Kiulap)
Harun's Gym (BSB)
Menglait Sports Complex (Gadong)
Kampung Baru (Seria)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP