Thursday, August 26, 2010

One on one with Requintin

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN


Thursday, August 26, 2010



Q: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

A: I'm 30 years old this year and hail from Dagupan City in the Pangasinan Province in the Philippines. I first came to Brunei in 2006 and I'm employed as a machinist. I played for Lyceum-Northwestern University from 1996-2000 while studying Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Q: When exactly did you start playing?

A: I started by myself when I was 10 years old in 1990 because I enjoyed watching the PBA (Philippine Basketball Association). My first sport was actually volleyball but I dropped it because it was boring compared to basketball which was more popular in the Philippines. My coach (Juan Castro) also advised me that I got the ability to become a good player in the sport as well.

Q: How was training initially?

A: It was very hard. I couldn't even handle the ball and all we did were drills. It's only after three months that we perfect the basics that we get to touch the ball.

Q: What is your most memorable achievement in basketball in Brunei?

A: I would have to say it was being able to represent Brunei in the China-ASEAN CBO Male Basketball Invitational Games in 2008 where we finished fifth.

Q: How was it like playing there?

A: It was difficult to adjust to that place because the weather was cold.

Q: How can you compare playing there to Brunei?

A: It's more relaxing here because I get to play with my compatriots even during competition. There were a lot of tall players there and the competition was really tough.

Q: What do you think about winning the 2010 Sultan's Cup? (Requintin played together with Geve Leones for Sharks to defeat tournament favourites, Palm Café, 95-90 in the final on August 21)

A: When the tournament started, people were telling us that we were the underdogs. I told my teammates and management about it and we studied our game properly. We worked hard on our defence and communication during practice that really helped us win the competition.

Q: Would you say that it was one of the best wins? (Because Linktech were runners-up to Babes Boutique in both the 2010 Brunei Pepsi Cup and LBC Cup last year)

A: I would say that it was the best because we lost to the same players on two occasions. We planned beforehand and it's great to beat the tournament favourites.

Q: Your teammate, Geve Leones, says that you are his favourite player. What do you think? Read More…

Source: The Brunei Times

0 comments:

About Us

Brunei Basketball was founded in January 2008. Over time, the website begun to cover various tournaments and constantly updated itself with the latest basketball-related events in the country, making it one of the, if not the, premier basketball portal in Brunei Darussalam for all who are keen in knowing the latest news.

Promoting the sport in Brunei Darussalam and to create a community of Brunei cagers, thus raising the profile of basketball within the nation among players, enthusiasts and those who generally enjoy the sport itself.

We love to cover your basketball games, tournaments and leagues or anything related to basketball in Brunei Darussalam. Feel free to contact us.

info@bruneibasketball.com (ask us.)
ads@bruneibasketball.com (advertise with us)

Advertise with us

Your ads here

Blog Archive

visitors

Where to play?

Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium (Berakas)
Batu Bersurat Indoor Gymnasium (Gadong)
Fitness Zone (Kiulap)
Harun's Gym (BSB)
Menglait Sports Complex (Gadong)
Kampung Baru (Seria)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP